Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I'll cry for you...

Last night at my Mom's 50th birthday celebration my sister and her family were about to leave. My little newphew Giovanni ran over to give me a kiss and a hug before he left... He looked at me right in the eyes and said "I'll cry for you Kendra!, I'll cry for you!" It about broke my heart... I could see tears welling up in his little eyes. At first I didn't know what to tell him... And then I promised him I would come and visit. I asked him if that would be ok... and all he kept saying was "but I'll cry for you Kendra!" I grabbed him, hugged him again, pulled his hood over his head and told him that I would come over and visit him. He finally agreed and off he went... as he walked away he turned back and said one more "I'll cry for you!" but this time there was no more tears, just a smile, and a promise from his aunt. This whole situation made me think. It made me realize that I don't spend enough time with my nieces and nephews. I have to make time for them. I will make time for them. They are are all so special to me. I go weeks without seeing them. And before I know it they aren't going to want to hangout with their aunt. So from now on I am going to make an effort to see them more. Time is precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment