Monday, September 12, 2011

Wedding SUMMER

I have been to 6 wedding this summer... Starting May 21st, and ending 9.10.11!  I would have to say that all the wedding were beautiful and I enoyed them all, but this past weekend being apart of the wedding was something else.  Megan and Paul met through eHarmony about 2 years ago.  I knew instantly that they would get married.  I remember the first time Megan mentioned him to Carrie and I.  She was so giddy.  I knew that this time around it would be different.  Paul is a great guy... He's absolutely perfect for Megan! 

The weekend couldn't have went any better!  I have never felt so happy for anyone as I am for these two.  I went down to Hermiston 2 weekends ago to help Megan with last minute things.  Megan is quiet possibly the most organized bride I have ever met.  She had totes lining the walls with things for the wedding, all organized and neat.  I was very impressed, but I wouldn't expect any thing less from her.  She has always been so organized!  Well we worked the weekend away... (not really)!  But I felt that it was a successful weekend of getting stuff done.

The week flew by and I was headed down to Hermiston on Thursday with my best friend Carrie.  We arrived at Megan and Paul's around 9.  We grilled Paul about the possible handsome men that were going to be at the wedding... Then Paul headed off to work... We talked and had a glass of wine, then headed off to bed.  I just kept thinking Megan is getting married in 2 days... wow... I still can't believe its came and gone!  Anyway, back to the amazing weekend...

We woke up Friday morning and headed to the reception site.  Megan and Paul's reception was going to be at Paul's Mom and Dads house.  Which is gorgeous.  When we arrived around 8, tents were already up, and tables were being set out, along with chairs.  We went inside where the aunts and Paul's mom were hard a work, slicing bread, cutting potatoes, and watermelon.  You could see the love they all had, laughs were coming out of the kitchen... We helped out, and then headed to get the best pedicure of my life, and the best manicure too... Followed by a much needed spray tan!!  Headed back to Paul's parents house... and I locked my keys in the car... Thank Goodness for Paul's brother Thomas... who in 10 minutes flat had my car unlocked! 

We headed back to the amazing Family Suite Megan had gotten us and got ready for the rehearsal, and rehearsal dinner.  So much fun, and laughs were had that night.  We headed to bed after hanging with the Groom and Groomsmen...  It was 11:56 pm, and I wanted to wait until midnight to tell Megan that she was getting married today.  So as soon as the clock struck 12, I announced to the room... That Megan is getting married today... Then it was off to a night of tossing and turning... I was excited Megan was getting married... So was she because she got up at 5 to start getting ready for her big day.


I was wide awake with her... I honestly have never felt so loved.  Megan treated all her bridemaids like royalty.  From getting our pedis and manis done, and then getting our hair done to Megan paying for our dresses, shoes and everything in between.  She has been the best bride ever!  Well we headed to the salon, and got our hair done.  Then back to the hotel where I got my makeup done and helped Megan into her dress.  Oh man she made a beautiful bride.  Our flowers arrived, and boy were they just so pretty.  They were absolutely the prettiest flowers I have ever seen.  


We loaded up and headed to the picture spots, and boy was it sooo hot!!  We took a few pictures then headed to the church... took some more pictures, and waited for the wedding to start. 

The wedding went off with out a hitch and so did the amazingly beautiful reception.  The food was more then amazing, and so was the desserts....  We danced the night away, and I possibly ate way to much.  The alcohol was flowing and everyone was having a great time.

BUT... most of you would think that the party ended there, but they had a Sunday brunch with 100 of there closest friends and family.  It was so much fun too.  The food again was fabulous.  Just getting time to sit with Megan was great and actually get to talk to her.  I got to thank her for letting me be apart of her big day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment