Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Life is Short.

I was sitting on the couch when the phone rang, I noticed it was my brother. I hadn't talked to him in ages... As I answered, I could hear the pain in his voice... He asked for our Mom between breaths... I was in a panic, I thought something was wrong with him. I asked if he was alright, and he didn't say anything... I told him Mom wasn't home, and again asked him if he was alright... I told him to call Mom on her cellphone, she was golfing... And he said ok and hung up. I immediately started pray. Asking God to protect my brother...

I looked out the window and saw my Mom had stopped half down the driveway... I could see she was on the phone... I was praying everything was alright. She walked in the house and up the stairs... I asked her if my Brother was alright. She walked over to me and looked at me with such pain in her eyes. She told me that Andy Collins had died. And I covered my face... This isn't possible. This couldn't be true. Really I asked? I felt immediate pain. Andy was one of my brothers nearest and dearest friends. Andy had spent countless days at the house, and was newly married. My brother had just been in his wedding. She went on to tell me that he died of a heart attack. A heart attack at 27? Was it even possible... I turned my phone on, and a text flashed up on the screen... it was from Nick, Andy's little brother, telling me his brother had passed away and his family needed prayer. I sat there for a long time... still not wanting to believe it was true...

You never image that someone so young and with such a bright future would be taken at such a young age, but here we are... We are left wondering why? Left with the feeling of sadness, and hurt. A week and half after he got married... Andy touched many people's life. I was lucky to get to know him, and my brother was so very lucky to call him his best friend. In time things will get easier... I find comfort in knowing Andy is in heaven with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. No one ever imagines that someone so close to them could be taken away so quickly. Makes you realize that your days are numbered, and you can not forget to tell the people you love how much they mean to you. Life is Short, and this is a prime example.

Rest in Peace Andy.
You will be missed.

My thoughts and prayers go out the Collins Family. May God wrap His loving arms around you in your time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment