Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New Friends

Everyday I am reminded of how amazing God is... I am reminded of the person I used to be and the person I am becoming... And boy do I love her... As I was sitting acrossed from my Small Group partner on Monday, I got the feeling I was in the exact right place at the exact right time. God places people in your life at the right moment... Spending the afternoon with Heather was such a great experience... We might have never sat down alone and talked if it wasn't for the 6 week "Six Steps to Encouragement" practical training for small groups. Being able to talk about everything from be becoming a Christian to the struggles we face everyday. Being able to dicuss scripture.... Now thats something that I never thought that I would enjoy (before I became a believer)... We sat and eat chicken salad sandwiches (which was the best chicken salad ever) and grapes... talking and talking... I have to admit I was a bit nervous before I got there... not knowing what to expect... I bit worried that we might not have anything in common... Then I got to thinking and I even chuckled to myself... we have the most important thing in common, and thats God... honestly what more do you need.

I have started to attend a new small group... I have started to meet new people... I have really started to feel at home around my church family... Walking by people who know my name and may even know a little bit about me. I have started to say hi more, and make conversation instead of running out the door after church. Relationships are being built. After Carrie left I felt a bit out of the loop... I didn't have my best friend to rely on... I didn't have my best friend to sit with... I didn't have her to cling to anymore... so it could have went 2 ways... I could have continued to run out of church after it was over or get involved... I chose to get involved... I chose to make it a habit of going to small group... I chose to get involved in Sunday School... I chose to do the best that I could... and look at all the opprtunities that God has placed in front of me... So that I can continue to grow... I can continue to walk the path He has layed before me... I give all my thanks to the Lord...

No comments:

Post a Comment