Monday, July 25, 2011

Greatest

Yesterday happened to be one of the Greatest days of my life... Why you might ask? Well I woke up with a sense of urgency. A hunger to learn... I had an extra pep in my step, and I was really looking forward to getting back to church. After missing the past two weeks because I was out of town. I couldn't wait to see my SVC family and hear Pastor John preach the word. I was looking forward to catching up on what I missed in Sunday school, and seeing some family I had been missing greatly. Well you might think that because this was one of the greatest days in my life that everything would have gone perfectly... Well it didn't according to the above, but it went better.

As I walked into the Gym, it dawned on my that this weekend was SVC's huge camping weekend, and as I looked to the front of the gym I didn't see who I had expected... A little discouraged I asked my friend Heather where Rick was.... and if his class had been moved... She again reminded me that Rick was camping and Chuck would be teaching the class today... We chatted a few more moments and I went to sit down. I even considered going over to the Youth Group building... Well I am more then glad I stayed. God has this funny way of showing me my sin when I don't really want to see it. Chuck talked about many things that are going on in my life... and really opened my heart and mind to a new thinking... Romans 6:11-14 states "In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in you mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer the parts of your body to sins, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace." HELLO KENDRA!!! I battle the same sin every week... And the funny thing is I know exactly what to do about it... I occassionally give in, and I say it won't happen again, and it does. But this time I am going to take furthers steps to ridding myself of it...

After Sunday School I sat outside... it was hot, but I wasn't ready to go into the sanctury yet. I sat there for 10 minutes, thinking and praying. Soaking up the beautiful day God had provided us with. I sat there thinking, "Kendra, you can do it!" I looked up and there was my Iddy Biddy (Kaela) and I got a smile on my face... "Show her... Be her example... She needs you..." All of this popped into my head as I stood up and told her, "I just thought that I would wait for you out here..." Iddy Biddy smiled and we walked in and sat down together... I was looking at the bulletin, and realized that Pastor John wouldn't be preaching today. And I thought, "great..."

And as you probably already know... (since this was one of the Greatest Days of my entire existence) Dr. Todd Miles preached an amazing sermon. I don't think I have ever been more impressed with a guest speaker. He preached about Adpotion... and honestly I had never thought about being "adopted" into God's family. All these converstation about adoption I had had with friends... I remember telling my friend, "I would never adopt." "I want kids of my own." "I just can't see myself being a good mom to someone else's kid." How selfish is that. How horrible were those thoughts. I left church thinking... God adopted you... God took you in and loves you. Really? Yeah, Kendra really... Sometimes you don't even realize that something is missing until God brings it right to you on a silver platter... I was definitely in the right place at the right time. Every child desevres to be loved... And I honeslty can't believe I didn't think that before.

I am sure that I will have other "great" days, and God will continue to work in my life. Things like this just prove to me that God loves me unconidtionally, and His timing couldn't be more perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I am so very thankful to have you as part of my family Kendra! I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete