Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Its a Battle.

On a day to day basis I struggle with my relationship with God. Everyday I think I might finally have gotten it. I think I am on the right path. I said yesterday being a Christian is hard. It was easier being the way I used to be. It was easier to not have to care. Easier to just do whatever and have no worries. But do I want to live the life I was living... NO... Do I want to be the person I used to be?... NO! I want to be what God has intended me to be. I try hard everyday to do the best I can to Glorify Him. Thats my purpose.

I was driving yesterday and the road led me to Borders. Had I planned on going there no. And as I was walking through the parking lot I was thinking... What am I doing here... And then I was like I guess I just need a good book to read... Well I walked it browsed around and went over to the bibles... I spent the next 45 minutes looking at the bibles. Reading the different versions... Texting a friend asking her what version she has... I really think that God wanted me to spend more time in His Word. Something that I struggle with. So I bought a new bible... and I spent a lot of last night reading... and reading... I even decided that I needed to get a new study bible. I need to make more of an effort. I need to do better, and be better. My life needs to be lived for God. I have to strive to be all I can be for Him.

This is where my constant struggle comes in... Trying to be better for Him. I have always lived for myself. And now with all my heart and my soul, I want to live for Jesus Christ. I am proud to say that I am a Christian. I am proud to say I believe in God. He's my first thought when I am about to do something I know He wouldn't approve of. When I am about to step back into the person I used to be. I will continue to work things out because He's on my side. I will continue to be the best I can be. I love the person I have become and its all because of the Lord. I owe my life to Him. My faith never waivers because I know God to be true. I know as long as I believe I will one day end up home. I am really happy. I am happy because of everything God has provided me. I just need to do better. I need to spend more time in His word.

1 comment:

  1. I love you!
    Reading this made me cry because I'm so overwhelmed by His love for us, and the changes He has made in you.
    ~Your Bestie~

    ReplyDelete