Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cut Deer.

Some people apparently don't find the things I do to be funny at all... But oh well... This is one of those stories that involves my almost 3 year old niece Molana... Boy is she a hoot! So she and I were reading the book Johnny Appleseed and she points to a picture in her very cute little voice that seems to know every word she says , "what's dat?" I tell her it's a deer and get a brilliant idea to show her a real deer. My boyfriend had went hunting a few weeks prior and had sent me a picture with him and his buck... And I thought it was a great idea. Well the buck is already being skinned and was cut in half... So I enlarged the picture on my iPhone and showed Mo Mo anyway... She looked and looked and was amazed at the dead deer... Then she did what anyone who knows how to use an iPhone would do... She double tapped the screen and what did she find... A dead deer with only half a body... Now here's where my teaching skills lack... The poor girl... Her mouth dropped and she says with not a smirk on her face.. "Oh my! It's only half! Hims dead?" And I looked at her and started to laugh... I didn't know what to say... And she started laughing... And laughing and before you know it she toppled over laughing... And then she looks at me and says, "it's not funny.." I couldn't control myself... Then I showed her the next picture, and it was of me and just the deer antlers... She said with a sad look on her face... "You cut hims ears off. Dat not nice." And I told her that when you eat the deer you keep the antlers... And she said "you don't eat hims... Dat nasty.." I seriously couldn't stop laughing... And as she scrolled back and forth between each picture asking more thing and noticing more of the picture she made a face with he tongue sticking out her mouth... And goes "I look like hims..."

Well today I got a text from my sister... It has been about a week since my niece has seen the deer picture and she asked my sister to see the "cut deer" and at first my sister had no clue what she was talking about... And Molana told her "Kendra's cut deer.." Moral of the story... Dot show 3 years olds pictures of practically butcher deer... Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment